Sunday, September 7, 2014

Introduction

Well I am starting this blog for a class that I am taking. I have been teaching now for 14 years in the area of instrumental music. I am only part time so I have decided to finish my math minor so I can add the math endorsement to my teaching certificate. I am hoping that the district that I teach at will be able to bring up to full time by adding in some math classes. The class that I am taking is called Math For Secondary Teachers and I was a bit afraid that the class was going to be all about teaching basic, such as, classroom management, how to make a lesson plan, ect. We have only met three times and I am happy to be very wrong. This class has made me do a lot of thinking about how I will teach math an how I was taught math. I can't say that I thought teaching math was going to be easy, but I did not think that the transition would be too difficult. I am beginning to think that it is definitely going to be a little more involved than I thought. I am glad that I will be keeping this journal of what I have learned so when I do teach a math class I will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment